Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Seven down


Today is the anniversary of my writing career. August 29, 2007, I sat down at my computer and banged out "Mom I'm home," plus 109,000 other words for my very first MG novel. My first sentence is no longer in the often-revised novel. It took me 6 years to whittle 109,000 words to 52,000. The title has been changed from Tenebrae to Momnapped and many titles in-between. I finally settled on A Somewhat True Story of Sara Roberts. I've queried so many, some too early, some too late, burned bridges I can't cross again. Someone told me that my manuscript is ready to query again, although I am query-shy and have only queried one agent. (Afraid of that soon to come "not for me" reply)

Here I am seven years later, five books finished, still dreaming, still hoping, and still determined.

My epic "Mom I'm home" novel might be changed, but it's still standing. I too have changed, some changes for the good, some not so good, but I'm still standing.

Happy Anniversary Sara, Colin, Horace, Axual, you've made the last seven years an adventure, regardless if I'm the only one that knows you exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment