Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 26, 2010

Poem for the week.

The story of us

You won’t come to me and I won’t come to you.
So we sit inside our misery apparently without a clue.
Knowing our inadequacies doesn’t clear our blame.
Knowing we let each other down only increases our blame.
I heard it said that there were so many easy solutions.
But they all seem to disappear as if they were only illusions.
So we both sit, lonely just a few feet apart.
Both of us silently breaking each other’s heart.
We sit in our silence and tell the world we tried.
We sit inside the bedroom and count the tears we’ve cried.
This isn’t what I wanted for the last years of our life.
And though it wasn’t planned I never intended to add to your strife.
But I really couldn’t take anymore; we couldn’t go back to the start.
I couldn’t be the person you wanted me to be without tearing my world apart.
So we wave good-bye to our happiness as it rides of in the dust.
We blame each other because there is no one we can trust.
We cannot go back in time, or can we smile and pretend.
We must face the lonely truth; this is where our story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment